Data privacy on this Website
1. In designing this Website, PricewaterhouseCoopers GmbH Wirtschaftspruefungsgesellschaft ("PwC") has committed itself to compliance with laws and regulations governing the protection of personal data and data security. Hereinafter we would like to inform you about the conditions under which we collect your information, how we process it, and to which parties, if any, we transfer it.
Consent to the collection of data
2. Via our Website, we do not collect any personal data (e.g. name, address, phone number or email address), unless you provide these voluntarily (e.g. by placing an order, submitting an information request, participating in a survey, or submitting an application), or if this is permitted under the respective laws governing the protection of such data.
3. We will collect, process and use the personal data that has been provided by you online for the informed purposes only, unless the collection, processing and use of the data is effected
- for a purpose which is directly linked to the original purpose for which the personal data was collected,
- in response to a legal duty or a regulatory or adjudication order, or
- for the substantiation of, or protection against, a legal claim, or for defence against illegal activity.
We will not sell or merchandise your personal data to third parties nor transfer them for any other reason. Recipients not deemed to be "third parties" in this regard are other affiliated firms of the group of PricewaterhouseCoopers GmbH WPG. In addition, your personal data may be transferred to other firms in the international PwC network if such a transfer is necessary to serve the purpose for which the data was provided by you (e.g. to reply to a certain question).
4. Any visit to our Website will be logged. The logfile registers the current IP address of your computer, the websites selected, the browser used, the date and time, as well as your computer's operating system. This data will be collected for data security purposes only. We will not use such data for any other purpose.
5. We will not store your personal data any longer than required to fulfil the intended purpose, or than required under law.
6. For safe communication of your personal data, we use so-called SSL encoding. This form of data transfer is considered safe in the sense that it complies with the current state of the art.
7. PwC endeavours to implement technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration or loss, unauthorised disclosure or access. Our employers are required to give an undertaking to maintain such confidentiality and secrecy.
8. For information about cookies and their use at the online offerings of PwC, visit the "Cookie Information"
9. If you provide us with your email address, we will communicate with you via email. We will not pass on your email address to any third parties outside the PwC network of firms. You may revoke your permission regarding the use of your email at any time, and this will take immediate effect for all future actions.
Links to other sites
10. In the case of links on our Website to external companies and other third parties, PwC shall not be held responsible for compliance with data protection requirements, or the content of such websites.
11. The PwC Website is not designed to be used by children aged 14 or younger. Personal data of children will not be knowingly collected or saved by PwC.